Monday, September 29, 2008

yarnies

this is not mine it was posted on Ravelry
IRISH KNITTING POEM
When the folks next to you act like those in the zoo
Grumblin’, growlin’ and spittin’
It’s a pretty good plan
To be as calm as you can
And do something useful like knittin’.

When a gossipin’ Susan with poison barbed tongue
Comes into the room where you’re sittin’
And starts to defame
Some neighbor’s good name
Count your stitches out loud and keep knittin’.

When there’s been a slight misunderstandin’ at the church
And others hint broadly of quittin
Why the very best thing
You can do is to sing
And stay at your post and keep knittin

When Satan moves in with his cohorts of sin
Say, “You’ll never find me submittin’”
You irk me I find, so get thee behind
And please don’t disturb me, I’m knittin’!

No comments:

Debbie's Knitting

Welcome to my blog!
I'm just getting started so please come back and visit often. I'm just learning how to do this. How exciting to share projects and pics of all the things I make.
I like to spin my own fiber, it is so theraputic. I have been knitting for over 30 years, and I still learn new things.

My husband and I love to travel, he was in the military for 20 years, now retired.