Monday, July 6, 2009

How life changes your ideas

For years now I knew that one day we would be moving back to the West probably Colorado because we really like it out there. I wasn't looking forward to that day because my daughter and grand kids are here in Ohio, along with my 86 yr old mom, and my husbands children and grand kids also. But I will go anywhere my husband wants to live because of his mental condition, and I need him to be happy and stress free as much as possible.

We have been back here in Ohio for 2 1/2 yrs now, and watching the grand kids grow and get involved in sports has been great, my husband has really enjoyed it. He has even got back into scouting with my grandson. This has all been so so good for him. But one day a few weeks ago; he announced that he was thinking about staying put here in Ohio, I almost fell off my chair. I really didn't take him that seriously until after we had left his son's house, we started talking about this and he said yes he was very serious because for the first time in his life he has allowed himself to become attached to something.

So we will be staying in Ohio, and then we decided maybe we could buy a house, he looked into going through the VA for a loan, and before we knew it we were preapproved for a nice mortgage. Now this only took a few days, mean while I was looking at homes for sale. The VA has done almost everything for us except find the house we want to purchase, the Realtor contacted us we looked at several homes, put a bid on the one we kept looking at and the bid was accepted. We are still in shock that all this has happened in about 3 weeks.

Now we are waiting to have the house inspected by our inspector and then hopefully, we can go to closing and start moving in our house before Labor Day.

I'm still in shock that we are staying in Ohio let alone that we are buying a house. prayers do get answered sometimes not the way you see them.

No comments:

Debbie's Knitting

Welcome to my blog!
I'm just getting started so please come back and visit often. I'm just learning how to do this. How exciting to share projects and pics of all the things I make.
I like to spin my own fiber, it is so theraputic. I have been knitting for over 30 years, and I still learn new things.

My husband and I love to travel, he was in the military for 20 years, now retired.